All of us know Video Poker as that one game that we play on the slot machines in the casino. Yes! That is what Video Poker is. It is ideally a lesser-known name for that fixed-odds poker game that is pillared on a five-card draw. It is a supremely popular game in online casinos and as mentioned earlier on terminals similar to slot machines in physical casinos.
It does really look like a simple game on the face of it but if you know the basics you’d need no company on your next trip to the casino. Also, Video Poker Games Online are very popular in case you decide to stay in for a long weekend.
Here we have the best Video Poker Tutorial that you could ever come across that will take you through the insiders of Video Poker Rules like none other.
Shall we get started?
Video Poker- How to Play
Essentially Video Poker has a wide array of types but mainly all of them are based on the primary principle of a five-draw card. The player playing this game is dealt a five-card hand. Similar to how it goes in most of the casino card games, the player gets the opportunity to keep the cards that he wishes to in his deck and discard the ones that he does not want by redeeming them with new cards. This is done to make a desirable winning hand.
This is a step-by-step guide to follow when playing a Video Poker hand.
- Start with depositing a decent credit into the video poker machine
- This next step is the most exciting- Place your bet
- Then, you have to press ‘Deal’ to start playing this game. You will now receive the initial five-card hand.
- Start the process of discarding and redeeming the new cards.
- Repeat the process for making a desirable winning poker hand
- If you win at this game, it will be cashed as per the paytable.
Video Poker- Paytable
When we say that Video Poker is very similar to Slots, it stands true for the paytable consultation. The player should carefully consult the paytable before making any viable bets. This is ideal because of the fact that payouts differ widely in Video Poker from game to game.
Generally, Video Poker paytables are classified into two main types:
- Full Pay, with an average of 99% RTP (return to player percentage)
- Short Pay
The RTP varies from game to game. One important thing here to remember is that this percentage of RTP is very much based on the player placing the most optimum mathematical decision for every hand of Video Poker.
Hence, whenever you start playing Video Poker, do not forget to take a quick glance at the paytable and understand its dynamics before placing the bets.
Video Poker- Types
Though there are widely many types of Video Poker that are popular across the globe, these are the 04 main types of Video Poker games that you will find in most casinos around the world.
- Jacks or better
This is the most common amongst all. It is based on a very simple idea that a pair of jacks or better is the minimum winning hand.
- Deuces wild
In this variant of Video Poker, 2’s are considered wild. This means that if 2’s appear in your hand, you can use it to substitute another card to make a desirable winning hand.
- Bonus poker
This is very much based on the first of these, Jack or better and it offers a bonus if you have four of a kind in your deck.
- Double bonus
This one is another in the line that is based on Jack or better, this offers a bonus on four aces.
Video Poker- Rank of Poker Hands
- Royal flush: If you have Ace-King-Queen-Jack-Ten all from the same suit, you have the best winning hand.
- Straight flush: If all your cards form a sequence like 6-7-8-9 from the same suit then it will lead on any of the above sets.
- Four of a kind: Having four cards of the same number like four 6s is called being four of a kind.
- Full house: A full house means having a hand that contains three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank. For example, having 3 Jacks and 2 6s.
- Flush: This is the simplest one. If you have all your cards from the same suit, then you have a flush. For example, you have all your cards from the diamond family, which will lead over any of the pairs or straight sequence cards.
- Straight: This is when your cards form a sequence like 6-7-8-9 but only from different suits.
- Three of a kind: Having three cards of the same number like three 8s is called being three of a kind.
We are sure with this Video Poker Win is just as easy as it can get. You can also watch a video on how to play Video Poker here.